Last update: 12/09/2020
Information we collect
We collect three basic categories of information:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our Application.
- Information we get from other users.
Information you choose to give us
When you use thinkin', here are the types of information you chose to give us:
- Your phone number.
- Device phonebook:
- The access to your phone number and to your contacts enables us to add them as friends and therefore ensure the good functioning of the Application. Without this, you would not be able to add any contact from you phonebook, and therefore have any friends whom to send a thought to.
- Your texts:
- This allows the Application to automatically detect the validation code during registration and, therefore, make easier the use of our Application. If you chose not to give access to this, you will have to manually enter the code you receive for verification.
- Camera and Photos:
- This allows us to access your request when taking a picture to answer a close one.
Information we get when you use our Application
- Device information:
- We collect your device information such as its model, its OS version, the app unique identifier, the device unique identifier, the type of browser, the language, and the information related to the mobile and WI-FI networks (including the phone number and the local time).
- The data you send to your friends via our Application are collected and kept as copy, as:
- The time at which the thoughts are sent.
- The recipient(s) to who the thoughts are sent.
These data help us understanding the use that is made of our Application so that we can constantly improve the experience.
Information we collect from Third Parties
We might collect information about you from other users when they use the Application. For example, is a user gives us access to his phonebook, and you appear in there, we will have access to your phone number.
The use of data
To ensure a more and more pleasant use, we can:
- Follow and analyze tendances and usages.
- Provide information, including by e-mail when we answer your requests.
We can also locally store information on your device. For example, we can store information as local cache so that you can open the Application and use it faster.
Sharing of information
We can share information about you for the following reasons:
- With other users, when you send them a picture
- With third-parties for legal reasons. We can share information about you if we have valid reasons to believe their disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply to any legal procedure, any administrative or law statement, or any legal problematic;
- Protect our rights, property and security, but also our users’ or any other person’s.
- Detect and solve any fraud or security issue.
How long we keep your information
The thoughts you send are collected, for an undefined period of time.
Control over your information
As you gave authorizations over some of your information, you can recall them at any moment:
- Recall of the authorizations:
- If you were willing to give us access, continuously, to some of your information - as your phonebook and your pictures - and you now changed your mind, you can recall these accesses by modifying the parameters of your smartphone. Note that by doing so, the functionalities of the Application will be impaired.
- Deleting your account:
- If you want to delete your account, go to ‘ My account “ → ‘ Delete my account ‘. All account suppressions is permanent and irreversible. If you then want to use the Application again, you will have to create a new account.